Friday, January 14, 2011

Life is a little crazy!

Well, I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to blogging. At this point this blog is private and I'm the only person that knows it exists, but I can still admit, even if it is just to myself, that I'm a slacker. We had a great Holiday Season and are very excited for 2011. We are hoping that with it comes more babies, however they get here.
Everything that we need to have happen for our embryo adoption has actually happened. A few weeks ago, I really was unsure about what we should do. I want to make the right decision regarding how to help our family grow and have more children. The embryo adoption process is scary. Rick gently encouraged me to seek the Lord in prayer and to figure out how to receive an answer to those prayers. I'm not sure what I felt, but we are scheduled to go to Tennessee on February 17th for our mock transfer. I feel good about moving forward. I know we are supposed to have more children and so I'm going to put my trust in the Lord on this one and have faith.
I dropped off my prescription for Estrace and will pick it up this week. I'm a little nervous taking the medication because I don't take a lot of medication on a regular basis and from what I've read, hormonal medicine makes you crazy and I don't need any help in that department. Our home study had to be updated with LDSFS and that happened at the first of December. We applied for recertification for domestic adoption and are waiting to hear back regarding that. For now we are still pursuing both options. We actually were asked by LDSFS to conduct a class regarding the Challenges of Adoption and also the topic of Grief and Infertility. It was actually a really neat experience. Rick and I were able to go back through our journals and tell our story of infertility, how it affected us, and then also share our story about adopting Brody and our experiences surrounding that. It was a really awesome experience. The night before we were to do our presentation, Rick and I were going over exactly what we were going to share. Brody was in our bedroom playing with his toys on the floor. When we were finished discussing everything and felt good about it, Brody said, "You did all that for me?" Oh the wise sage he is at four years old. My answer, "Yes. We would do it again, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment