Friday, April 1, 2011
Food for Thought and Going Public
What a crazy few days. My husband and I received a call from our adoption agency indicating that last week a mother contacted them regarding triplets that were going to be born in a few months. She said that she immediately thought of us and was going to call, but a day later she found out it was a scam. I'm glad she didn't call. Let's just say that much. She also said that the real reason she was calling was that there was a possible adoption of a little boy to be born on the 22nd of April and were we interested. The adoption would go through another agency and not them, but the birth mother was looking for an out of state couple of the LDS faith. We fit that category. After getting as much information as I could from her, I contacted the agency and found that they wouldn't be willing to give me any information until I filled out an application, but they would be willing to waive the 800-dollar fee. After I received the email, I quickly realized that this was a company we had actually looked into when we initially had the extra money to proceed with other agencies in a domestic adoption. Their fees were 20,000 to 40,000. She was willing to tell me that this birth mother had medical expenses and so adding that to the fees, it could be anywhere from 28,000 to 50,000. We obviously can't do that. So we decided not to pursue it. I am rest assured that the information went to a lot of couples that fit their criteria and I'm sure someone out there has that kind of money and will be able to give that sweet little child a home. The situation did make me think, however, about the possibility of actually receiving a child through domestic adoption before our actual transfer, and exactly what we would do. After my husband got home from work I told him of my time spent on the phone and the situation and then asked him what we would do, would we continue with embryo adoption, would we have to let the NEDC know we had been placed with an infant if we chose to do both? Anyway, my husband in all his wisdom answered, "We would take it to the Lord and find out what we were to do." So there you have it. Also, when I started this blog, I did it with the intent of just keeping a journal of our experience with embryo adoption and had not intention of really sharing this with anyone. As I've continued to be uplifted by other Embryo Adoption blogs, I decided that I'm going to start making comments on others' blogs to get followers of my own so that I can receive their uplifting comments about this amazing miracle called Embryo Adoption. So, folks, I ask for your kind words as we encourage one another in this battle called infertility and in the joy of Embryo Adoption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the EA blog circle! I look forward to following your story. We are blessed to be due with our little "snowflake" in June and soo excited! I hope your journey is just as rewarding.
ReplyDelete