Thursday, March 31, 2011
Talking with Debbie
We had our visit with Debbie from Bethany, the agency that will monitor our open agreement, and it went very well. We discussed the desires we had about our agreement, what we would like in our contract as far as contact and information regarding medical conditions, and learned more about our donor couple. This couple had 17 original embryos. They had a pregnancy that resulted in twins, a boy and a girl, and then felt their family was complete. They donated their embryos and another couple adopted them, also had a successful transfer resulting in twins. They as well felt their family was complete and donated their embryos back to the NEDC, and now we have them. One of the things that my husband asked in the appointment was to see pictures of the kids. We got the pictures a few days later and they are super cute! We are getting more excited and more excited. On the medical front for me, at the appointment in Tennessee Dr. K informed me that I have a pollyp on my endometrial lining and that I would need that removed before the transfer and also needed a D&C. I've had this surgery before, so I'm not too worried. I also had to find a new OB because mine apparently moved to Montana last summer. I've had two appointments with him already and I really like him. I started my BCPs and it's not too bad. In fact, I actually feel like they are stabilizing my hormones. I feel like a human. I guess I didn't realize that my hormones were off. Maybe they aren't, but it seems like from the first day of taking the BCPs that it helped. I've never been on BCPs, so it was a little scary for me, but it's great. We also received our contract from Bethany and are just reviewing it to make sure it all looks good. We are moving forward!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this brings back sooo many memories! if you ever want to chat offline, i'm at bacolton@hotmail.com we have very similar stories. ; )
ReplyDelete