Friday, February 25, 2011

Our Appointment

We had such a nice visit to Tennessee. Not only did we have our appointment with the NEDC, we thoroughly enjoyed Nashville. We flew in on the 16th and headed to Knoxville. We found the yummiest sandwich shop called Which Wich -- very clever -- and it was delicious! We had dinner at Calhoun's another fabulous dining experience and then retired to our hotel. Our appointment was at 9:00 and as you all know a full bladder is necessary!! Mine was very, very full. As we were sitting in the waiting room I thought I was going to explode. We were called back and started visiting with Dr. K and the whole time he is asking questions I'm thinking..."This is so very important but can we get the show on the road? I have two Nalgene bottles full of water in my system and I'm going to die!!" Finally the exam began and I couldn't even lay back on the exam table because ..AHEM .. I was so full. The nurse instructed me to go to the restroom and count to 8 and then stop. Okay. Is that even possible? Well, I did it. I certainly didn't want to have to be refilled up with a catheter, so I made myself stop. I was able to lay back and the doctor came in and said she is too full...What???? So I went again and whew a little relief and the exam went okay. Just by way of explanation, I have super low blood pressure. Sometimes 85/60 sometimes 80/60. It's crazy. So, after the exam, with no bottoms on mind you, I passed out. Clunk. Right in Dr. K's lap. Never done that before. It was a first for me. Nutso! And did I mention no pants on!! The first thing I say to my husband after I'm laying down and the medical staff is out of the room, "Was my rear end up in the air?" His reply, "I wasn't really worried about that. You just passed out!!" Very memorable experience. We had planned our trip to Tennessee with a couple extra days so we could explore Nashville. We went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and also ate a lot of good food. Joe's Barbecue...highly recommend it. We ate a lot!! We had such a fun trip. The day after our appointment we received a call from Clydene that they had matched us with a donor couple and that she had emailed me their info. We waited until we got home so as to not download the info on the hotel computer for all to see... It was a little of a torture. When we got home we read over the information for a few days and decided it was perfect. We are so excited. We are in the process of receiving 5 multi cells and 4 blastocysts.

No comments:

Post a Comment